Primary Tennis CPD Course
Primary Tennis Course
Date : Tuesday 16th April 2024
Venue : Oakbank School, Sandy Lane, Leighton Buzzard LU7 3BE
Time : 3.30pm - 5.40pm
CLOSING DATE FOR BOOKING ON THE COURSE - Monday 1st April 2024
Please Read information below and complete the booking form below to reserve your place
Primary Teacher Training
LTA Free training courses for teachers (qualified or trainee) and teaching assistants has been developed by teachers to help you deliver high-quality PE lessons with confidence. All attendees to the course will:
- develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver high-quality tennis lessons
- understand progressions and differentiation techniques using the STEP principle
- understand how to organise class sized groups in fun and engaging tennis activities within a small space
- understand how tennis fits into the primary curriculum and wider school sport landscape
A breakdown of what the training course will include:
- Welcome, Introduction & Course Objectives
- Tutor Modelling Delivery of Lesson Plan 1 - (including external focus, STEP, Inclusion, Primary Curriculum & using the 3 lesson plan sections of Warm UP, Body & Ball and Racket & Ball)
- Teachers planning and delivering using Lesson Plans 7 & 16 including Skill Ups
- Mini Matches – rules / scoring / competition ideas using Lesson Plan 18
- Q & A session, Demonstrate video resources & website, Course Evaluation
After completing the training teachers will receive a Primary Teacher resource pack containing Activity Flipbook Pupil Achievement Stickers, Red and Blue Stickers, and Invitation Cards and will also be able to access all of these resources digitally (including detailed videos on how to deliver every lesson plan) via the LTA Youth Schools website.
Finally saving the best until last, every school that has a teacher complete the training will gain access to a £250 voucher to be spent on either 10 hours of team teaching with an LTA Accredited Coach, or on a tennis equipment pack.
- All teachers wishing to attend the training initially register on the LTA Youth Schools website to create a free account in order to access the teacher training resources and the £250 follow-on voucher.
- Once they have created the account and are able to 'log in', you will need to completed Unique Booking Form for the course below - Places on Course will not be confirmed until form has been completed