As part of our #LutonLetsGetActive campaign, we are continuing to encourage residents and the local community to get active and moving. As we enter the new year, now is the perfect time to increase your activity levels and try something new. There are plenty of opportunities to be active in Luton and you can find yours by visiting- https://padlet.com/LBC_2021/50bnqr8pmqdtf8v0.
To help encourage residents and the local community to get active and support our #LutonLetsGetActive campaign, we have scheduled monthly challenges for individuals to take part in. January's monthly challenge asks residents to #GetUpGetMoving for 30 minutes a day, this could be a 30 minute walk, run or cycle or attending an organised physical activity session.
We would love to hear how residents have supported our January challenge and are asking for photo's, videos and stories from residents which we can share as part of our #LutonLetsGetActive campaign. Send your stories, photos and videos to Healthyluton@luton.gov.uk, where you also have the opportunity to be an ambassador for the campaign.
All photos or videos should have the relevant consent before being sent to Luton Council.
Share Your Stories
We would love to hear your stories on how you've supported the #LutonLetsGetActive campaign and provide you with the opportunity to be an ambassador for our campaign, promoting your story to help encourage and inspire other residents to try something new. It's never to late to start your journey or find an activity that's right for you!
January's monthly challenge asks residents to #GetUpGetMoving for 30 minutes a day, this could be a 30 minute walk, run or cycle or attending an organised physical activity session.
Please share your stories of being active along with any photos and videos (with the relevant consent) to HealthyLuton@luton.gov.uk.
Opportunities to #GetUpGetMoving this January
- Wardown Park
- Stockwood Park
- Brantwood Park
- Kidney Wood
Luton's Heritage Walks:
- Luton Hat Trail
- Heritage & Health walk at Stockwood Park
- Galley & Warden Hills Nature reserve
- The Luton Project
#LutonLetsGetActive Taster Sessions:
- Fit Hatters Walking Football- Women's Taster Session 25yrs+ (Tuesday 18th January 6.30-7.30pm). Email HealthyLuton@luton.gov.uk for more information and to register.
- Fit Hatters Walking Football- Men's Taster Session 25yrs+ (Tuesday 18th January 7-8pm. Email Healthyluton@luton.gov.uk for more information and to register.
- Keen to make new friends and help out on community projects? Come and get involved with the GoodGym in Luton which is lead by volunteers from Luton who walk, run or cycle and support community projects and old people in Luton. Visit the website for more information and to sign up!